Sunday 1 February 2009

Halfway dead and enjoying the ride

On a recent journey back home I was listening to Jane's Addiction Strays and midway through I had a very peculiar experience.

I felt like I'd reached the mid point of my life and felt that after all the efforts of trying to take on more and more information, trying to figure people and things out and worrying about all sorts of things, I felt like now was the time that I knew and understood enough that things would get easier from this point on and I should sit back and enjoy the ride. Like going over the very top of a roller coaster.

My diabetes sometimes has some similarly strange effects on me, but this time I couldn't so easily put it down to a lack of glucose in the brain and it also made more sense than low blood sugar episodes usually do.

Further fuelling the ride
Whether it was low blood sugar induced or not, the message I got was very positive so I want to cling to it tight and keep it with me. My aim now is to keep on top of things, keep on the rails and see what I'm capable of as much as I can.

A line from Free's Seven Angels sums up the overall feeling

"The world is behind me, only one way to go, that's straight ahead, that's where I'm going"

No comments:

Post a Comment