Saturday 4 April 2009

3 months in - how am I doing?

Three months into 2009, time for a re-cap on how I'm doing.

Keeping to a daily routine

I could do with more work in this area. I'm tending to want to stay up long past the 1am mark and this is leaving me tired in the week

What have i learned?
  • Going to bed after 2am each night leaves me tired and sees me needing to go to bed as soon as I get home from work some days.
  • This then messes up my sugar levels and my ability to get things done.
  • It also may have led to a couple of days of unusually high stress I experienced the last two days of this week.
What next?
Try to go to bed before 1am during week days and see how much it helps.


Blood sugar levels
They've been good but there's definitely room for improvement.

What have i learned?
Despite quite drastically changing my diet, i've still managed to neglect key aspects of controlling my sugar levels.
  • I've let testing slip a little bit - not testing quite so much
  • I've not been recording the results every week
  • I've occasionally not injected at the right times
I've also noticed how eating certain things have had more of an effect on my sugar levels than I thought they would.
  • Eating a fair amount of protein seems to push the sugar levels up a bit
  • Small amounts of carbs need to catered for - such as eating a handful of nuts
What next?
The biggest thing I'll do is to make more detailed notes on how much insulin I'm taking and when, and writing down what I'm eating each day.

I tried to do this last month but clearly I hadn't fully committed to it. This month I'll make it my duty to keep this up.


Debt levels
My debt's grown smaller over the last 3 months. It was over the £4000 mark and now it is under £2000.

What have I learned?
The overriding thing is that it has been possible for me to significantly cut my debt in a relatively short space of time.

What next?
To help myself further I'll write down the things I'm spending money on so that I can see what how my money is being spent.

I'll make a new spreadsheet for this.


How's this blog doing then?
It's doing ok. I set it up to make myself take care of certain areas I felt I was weak in and I have seen improvement in all of the main areas, above.

What have I learned?
Just writing this post today, I see how it's helping me to review how I'm doing and it's made me come up with some ideas for getting better at different things.

What next?
I'll make a point of updating my blog at least once a week and make sure I review the main areas I'm focusing on.

So next week
  • I'll check whether I've been going to bed before 1am on week days
  • I'll check whether I've been writing down more detailed information on what and when I'm injecting and what I'm eating at those times
  • I'll check whether I'm noting down my income and outgoings
Let's see how it all goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment